Friday, April 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time...

I know I have mentioned that Ethan's favorite song is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year".  My favorite thing is that he calls it "It's the Most..." and that he will sing it at the top of his lungs in the stores.  Check out this video.


(Keep in mind that it is not even close to his loudest!)


Anyway, I have been thinking about my life and where I am, and I would have to say that it is the most wonderful time, and here is a list of why.

1.  I have an amazing husband who I love, who loves me and who loves our children.



2.  I have a 2 year old buddy that can stretch me to my thinest, and yet fill me to my fullest all in the same day.  The other day when I was frustrated something wasn't going how I planned, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, You're my best friend."  My heart never felt fuller.  Here is one thing we are doing, however, that is stretching me to my thinest! :)  


Actually, he is a great sport about it, it's just cleaning up the accidents that test my patience.

That's right it's potty training time!  I can't believe we are here already.

3. I have the sweetest little girl who can melt away any sorrow.  The sad thing is that she is growing so fast.

 (She is not sure she likes how many pictures mommy takes, but she grows into it.)








 (Yes that is slobber on those chubby cheeks)

 4.  I can honestly say, that because of the things listed above, I finally know what my place in this world in.  Is it crazy that it is much smaller, and yet much grander, than I expected.  Smaller because very few, in the whole of the human race, will ever know that I was here.  But grand because raising these children is the most important thing I could do, and the most molding, life-altering thing I will ever do.   I can say that coming to this truth has made me the happiest I have ever been.  So thank you Ethan for reminding me that it truly is "The Most Wonderful Time", the most wonderful time of my life.

5 comments:

AmyLyn said...

I LOVE this post, Michelle! As I've always done, can I quote you? I'll totally give you credit! There were so many beautiful one-liners in there! Thanks for posting

Annalece said...

Hahaha! I love it when he sings that song! What a beautiful post, Mich. Love ya.

Pepper Lovin! said...

I LOVE YOU! We totally are not that grand huh? But I am so glad the our children are,

Emily Moffat said...

That is quite the boisterous rendition! Go Ethan!

Your kids are lucky to have you--someone who respects and cherishes her role as their mother.

Jones Family said...

You totally made me cry! I loved your post:-)