Monday, May 18, 2009

Growing Older

A dear friend of ours shared a poem with us called "My Son My Executioner". He talked with us about our son and how our lives are now being measured by his. I don't think we comprehended what that really meant until now. I am 25 years old and have never known life without all four of my grandparents. We have been so blessed. Well, Grandpa's health has not been wonderful these days, and we were advised to come down and visit him. It was a wonderful visit, and we were so lucky that while we were there he took a wonderful turn for the better. We all got to visit with him, and talk with him, he is a wonderful man and we love him dearly. He is now back in ICU, but we continue to hope and pray that whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Anyway, while we were down there and I visited my Grandparents I began to understand that the older I get, the older they get, and as I watch Ethan change before my eyes daily, I wonder, do I change that drastically daily too? And the older he gets the less time we have together, and yet you feel that moving forward is the right thing for both him and you. Interesting, how bitter sweet it is. I guess all we can do is make the most out of the time we have and treasure every moment.

Ethan then at 1 week old
















Ethan now at 4 1/2 months























While we were in AZ we got to take Ethan swimming!!! HE LOVES THE POOL!!!!!





























Ethan started on rice cereal, and wasn't the biggest fan.
After we was so full, he was able to finally show us his smile!!!!










































My sister Jen got engaged to Covey. We are so excited for them, and so excited to have Covey as part of the family. We love you guys!!!!

5 comments:

Pepper Lovin! said...

love the new pics! I know I keep looking at Landon and really realizing how thin the vail is. He is just starting a life and my dear grandfather is standing at the end looking back. They are both coming and gonig to the same place. weird.

Anonymous said...

love you so much! i can't wait to see you guys in just a couple days! love. love. love.

becca schwartz said...

stop it. stop it right now. please inform ethan, when he's old enough to understand, that he is betrothed... to ME. your blog is super cute, michelle. i miss your face, friend.

Kandas said...

Love the post and love the pictures. What great advice...it is all about what we do with right now! Thank you for reminding me!!

Andrea said...

Michelle! Ethan is so cute, and getting so grown up!! How fun for you guys. I hope everything is great for you and your cute family!!